Saturday, September 25, 2010

Long Run

Long run today: 9 miles
Most days I go out and know exactly which route I'm going to take, what trail, what time, etc. Today, I went out the door, and had no clue where I was going to run. Half the trails are under water because of all the rain we've gotten, so I wasn't exactly sure where I would go. All I knew was that I needed to get a long run in today, so I was shooting for 90 minutes. I headed out the door, and just ran.  I wasn't thinking where my next turn would be, or how long I would go on this trail or that one, my mind just followed my legs and it was the most wonderful feeling.  See, usually I am a planner.  I need to have everything scheduled and planned out in advance, even my runs and which routes I take from day to day.  So here's to being carefree; crank up the tunes, let your mind wander free, and just run.  It does a body good, (and a soul too).  

No comments:

Post a Comment