Monday, March 14, 2011

Manic Monday

Let me start by saying that this Daylight Savings/spring forward crap kicked my a** this year. Losing an hour of sleep on top of the already lost hours of sleep getting up with dear Katelyn(why don't you sleep through the night yet?)completely wiped me out.

It started at 6:45 with the hubby coming upstairs to wake me up (meaning I completely slept through my Y alarm that went off 2 hours earlier). "Crap!". I stumble down the stairs to find my programmable coffee maker (that I set EVERY night to go off when I need it to) was NOT set. "CRAP!". How can I start my day a cup of coffee behind? I fire it up, jump in the shower, (seeing my lonely running clothes all ready to be worn), look at my watch, 7 a.m., the bewitching hour in our house. I send up a quick prayer and go in to the boys' room to wake(the normally already awake by now) boys up.

Jake: I don't want to get up yet, I don't want to go to school, I want to stay home!
Me: I don't want to be up yet either, and I don't want to go to work today.
Jake: That's always your answer.

And then my time as a short-order cook starts. What do you guys want for breakfast? Milk or juice?

Anna: I'll have what Katelyn's having to eat.
Me: Katelyn isn't eating yet.
Anna: Well, I'm not either then.
Me: Fine, Katelyn will eat early.
Beano: I'm not hungry yet.

Finish breakfast, get dressed, crap-to-the-triple-crap!! I forgot to set their clothes out last night, which means I also didn't pack their backpacks, find matching shoes, matching mittens, gloves, hats. Brush teeth, brush (very snarly) hair, no time for ribbons or braids today, wash face.

Beano: Can I have a brownie for breakfast?
Me: No, you can have a brownie AFTER breakfast.
Beano: But you didn't make me breakfast yet.
Jake: That's not fair, can I have a brownie?
Anna: Me too?
Me: Only if you can eat it in one minute.

Everyone is bundled up, shoes tied, grab lunch boxes out of the fridge(the one thing I did have ready-thanks dear hubby for helping me make sandwiches), walk outside C*R*A*P!!! I have to scrape the FROST off the windows.

Yes, we made it to school with 3 minutes to spare.

Thank you dear hubby for letting me go to the Y instead of you today after work, for when all else fails, start running.

No comments:

Post a Comment