Friday, April 22, 2011

Kate turns 1!

My last baby...who is no longer considered a "baby" but will always be my baby, turned one yesterday. How could it be that a year has already  passed? I still remember the day I found out I was expecting. My husband says he "knew right away". I must've been in denial. I've always wanted 4 kids, but convincing my husband of giving me "just one more" was harder than I thought it would be. I had just run 10 miles two days prior and was still feeling completely normal(I always knew before I peed on a stick when I was pregnant). Like I said, I must've been in denial(or had completely given up on the fact that I would ever carry another baby again). Actually, I HAD given up as I had gotten rid of ALL of our baby gear/clothes/etc. It's not that I COULDN'T have another baby, but my youngest was 3 at this point, and my first 3 kids were only 18 and 16 months apart. So after waiting 3 whole years without getting pregnant, well, I had just thought it wasn't going to happen.

When we told our other kids the news, the first words out of my oldest son's mouth was, "Another one?". Dear hubby cracked up laughing. Almost immediately I started feeling nauseous(not because I was going to be a mom to-HOLY CRAP-FOUR kids), but morning all-day sickness set in with a vengeance. I had to constantly eat or I would throw up(hence, the 50-pound weight gain).

I savored every moment of what would be my last pregnancy. Every kick, every ultrasound, yes even the nausea.  I have to admit, I am a little sad that I will never again feel a baby in my belly again, or nurse a hungry little newborn, but the amazingness that is my family is complete, and now we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Katelyn is a firecracker of a girl, laughing with her mouth wide open showing us her "David Letterman" teeth. She HAS to be in the middle of all of the chaos or she isn't happy. All Star Wrestling could be happening two inches in front of her, and she is COMPLETELY happy with that. Her latest trick(as of 11 days ago) is sleeping through the night-HALLELUJAH!!! This mama feels like a NEW WOMAN!!

I can't imagine my life without this pistol of a girl(nor any of my other kids for that matter). So Happy Birthday sweet baby Kate!!!

P.S. On my run this morning, 2 deer came out of nowhere and passed 10 feet in front of me--they are HUGE that close-up. I haven't seen a deer that close since we hit one with our car when I was in the 5th grade. I was sitting in the front seat and I saw the deer's EYEBALL-it was HUGE! I can still see it in my nightmares. I started crying because I felt bad that we hit it and my dad(who doesn't have a mean bone in his body), said "Who cares about the stupid deer? It just hit our CAR!"  
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!!!!!! Now go recycle something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment