Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

The kids are tucked in safe and snug. The wrapping is done; cookies and milk for Santa await; and my heart is bursting.



Our favorite movies were watched today; Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and It's a Wonderful Life made the cut today. I finished the wrapping with tears streaming down my face; George Bailey does it to me every time.


My own Christmas list consists of things you can't buy in a store or wrap in a box. I already have everything I need, and my blessings are too many to count.


I wish for my kids to stay little just a while longer; to believe in the magic of Christmas just one more year but not forget the real reason we celebrate. I wish for more time; and peace on Earth; and health and happiness and peace within. My heart is still aching for all the little lives lost; and I remember to squeeze my babies while they're still here to be squeezed.


I'm trying to soak every last little thing in; from the music to the cookies to days of off school. Old traditions mixed with new traditions; things we'll remember year after year.


I'm enjoying this season; this merry and bright and joy and love filled season.


May yours also be merry and bright.

1 comment: