Friday, October 5, 2012

Celebrating the Good...

I do not usually "have it all together".



I am not the most organized; there is always laundry to be folded and put away and sometimes it sits in the washer overnight only to have to be washed again in the morning.



Often when one of my family asks me what's for dinner? I say I have no idea.

School mornings last year were a complete joke, and I don't mean that in a funny way. I mean that in a Holy Crap I want to erase every single school morning memory from my children's brains because this sucks, this really really sucks. Lost shoes; homework assignment logs not signed (because I forgot), school lunch packed? Nope, forgot. Can't find your hat/mittens/socks? Me neither. Brushyourteethbrushyourteethbrushyourteeth, how many times do I need to ask?!



But right now? Right now I'm keeping the proverbial balls in the air. The meals are planned. The backpacks are packed and clothes are laid out the night before. The shoes and socks each have their match. The lunches are packed when they need to be. Library books are found. Homework assignment logs are signed; reading calendars are updated daily; and the kids are actually brushing their teeth after only a time or two of me asking.



For this one really small moment in time, I have it together. I'm not sure if this is even me. What I do know is that I can't do the running around like a crazy lady running late trying to find stuff and yelling at anyone who crosses my path while trying to find said stuff. This having it together bit doesn't happen very often, so right now I'm celebrating; I'm taking it all in; I'm enjoying the more peaceful mornings; actually getting to drink my coffee while it's still steaming. Don't get me wrong, some mornings are still a little crazy, but not the holy crap I want to pull my hair out kind of crazy.



This is good; really, really good.



Happy Day.

P.S. Don't worry, I'm sure the minute I hit publish, a ball will be dropped.


Essence of Now

1 comment:

  1. And blogging about it to boot! And with photos! You go, girl, celebrate it and revel in it. Good for you for recognizing the highs and giving yourself credit for being a total rock star.

    ReplyDelete