Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Perceptions..

are a tricky thing.



Perception: People think I'm a good mom.
Fact: I USED to be a good mom...when the kids were smaller. I rocked the mom thing. Now? I'm sucking air.


Perception: People think I don't have to worry about my weight because I'm a runner.
Fact: I struggle DAILY with my weight. I have fat days, and very fat days, and days I want to eat chocolate all day long but usually don't and I still wonder when and how my butt got so big.



Perception: People think I'm happy all the time.
Fact: I get crabby at 8:30 p.m. every darn day. Bedtimes after this time aren't pretty. Sometimes I even forget to give hugs and kisses after this time.
Fact: I feel very guilty about that.



Perception: I wish I could be the perfect, fun-loving, happy-go-lucky mom my kids deserve.
Fact: There is no such thing as perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment