Monday, July 23, 2012

Today I'm Thankful...

1. For my husband, who gave me a much-needed 3 hour break by taking all (ALL) the kids on a field trip and telling me to take a nap; relax; read a book...



2. I tried...really hard...to take a nap, but my mind would not shut down. It swirled and whirled and kept my eyelids fluttering and finally I just gave up and got up and did what needed to be done.

3. And I was so productive.

4. Cleaning the house, doing the laundry, sweeping and Swiffering the floor can be done very quickly when not interrupted 54,134 times.

5. I actually sat down and finished the book I had been trying to finish for 2 weeks. Finished, people.



6. Also, I don't have a favorite child. But, I do have favorite moments; favorite ages and stages that each of them go through, and it may change by the minute.



7. Today, my favorite moment; my favorite child was this one.



8. The only thing she needs is love; and me; and for me to carry her, and read to her, and for her to sit on my lap...and she never talks back, or gives me attitude or sass...and she shares cookies with me...



9. and popsicles.


10. Remember, safety first....

even when there isn't a bike in sight...


Linking up with Stasha and her world famous Monday Listicles.

1 comment: