There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Surrender

This is me...


sitting on the floor of the kitchen, because that is where we plopped.

My littlest wrapping her arms around my legs; then patting the floor for me to sit and read books; my heart can't resist even though my mind is telling me my list of to-do's aren't yet finished; then again they never are.

So we sit on the hard floor, looking at the brightly colored pictures while I wait for my afternoon coffee to kick in; knowing that in a few minutes we'll have to pick up the older two kids from school; and I need a different kind of energy for them. Parenting school aged children requires a mental sort of energy that some days I'm lacking. The homework, the attitudes, the complaining, the sass.

While I prepare for the big kids, I let my mind wander, and think about nothing except peek-a-boo...


what book we're going to read next...

where my slippers went...

and how fast they grow up.

And, when did I start needing a cup of afternoon coffee?

Mama's Losin' It

No comments:

Post a Comment