Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life Lessons...From Children

 
 In the eight years I have been a mom, I've learned many things from my children. Some funny, some serious, and some life-changing.

When a kid says they don't feel good on a long drive...give them a bucket or pull over...they will throw up.

When three kids simultaneously scream, "HELP!", drop what you are doing and run. There's probably a T.V. that fell, or shards of glass from a broken light fixture/sentimental keepsake/lamp/piggybank, or someone is bleeding.

When they ask "why" 500 times an hour, it's because they really don't know WHY and they want to know...Google is my best friend.

When they tell you they love you, they mean it...and remember it, because some day they will tell you they hate you, and the first time you hear it, it will break your heart into a thousand pieces.

Four kids, one mom; I'm completely outnumbered...and they know this and use it to their full advantage.

My kids have selective hearing; they always hear, "Does anyone want dessert?", but NEVER hear, "It's time to pick up your rooms.".

Where there is quiet there is trouble...BIG trouble.

My children can destroy the house that took me two hours to clean in less than five minutes.

There is nothing that compares to a child's love; open, honest, warm; with bear hugs and sloppy kisses.

Children grow at lightning speed...and there is nothing that can slow it down.




10 Lessons your child could teach you.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are right on with those lessons. Silence never is good

    ReplyDelete