Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Eight is Great!

Today is my baby's birthday.
That's a soccer ball cake...in case you couldn't tell.
My first-born baby.

Eight years ago today, (after 44 hours of labor, 2 1/2 hours of pushing, and 1 C-section later), my almost ten pound baby was finally born.

This was the baby I did everything "right" with. I did it all by the book; from the sleeping, and the eating, and the undivided attentioning(not a real word, but it fits so nicely).

This baby who was the perfect baby, has grown into quite an awesome boy.

He is an amazing friend; loyal to the end.

He is sensitive...letting his tears fall when saddened; like on the last day of school...crying because he will no longer see his amazing teacher every day.

He is smart...getting perfect scores on every single spelling test of the year. He always has a nose in a book; sometimes getting lost in his stories for hours at a time.

He is a sports lover...playing baseball in the summer, soccer in the spring, and football at school every day during recess.

He pretends he doesn't like hugs anymore...but when I tuck him in at night, he always opens his arms and wraps them around me.

He is stubborn...a trait he inherited from me.

He is sweet...telling his little brother that they are best buddies.

Eight years have passed in a blink.

I don't want the next eight to do the same. I don't think I will ever be ready for this...


Happy Birthday, baby!!

Mama loves you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!
    Time does fly!!
    How lucky you are to have such a sweet son.

    ReplyDelete