Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wordful Wednesday

More pictures from the archives.

I've been obsessed with looking at all of my old pictures from when the kids were little.

 
This is Jacob, my oldest, when he was just shy of two years old. See that sweet smile? And the weeds flowers he's holding? Dandelions...for his dear old mama.  To me, these seem like happier times.

 There were a lot of hugs and kisses, instead of fighting, yelling, and screaming.
These two shared chairs...instead of fighting over them.

 And when #3 came along, there was never any "two against one".
They were all on the same team, on the same schedule, only wanted the simple things.

In the blink of an eye...they grew up.


They are planting gardens.

Playing football.

 Building sand castles.
 Blowing bubbles.
 And fighting...about bubbles...and sand toys...and who is on what football team.
 I can blow more bubbles than you. But mine are bigger. But MINE are prettier.

I wish the fighting would stop.

I wish for simpler, quieter, more peaceful times.

I wish that hugs and kisses would replace the hurt feelings and name calling.

I wish that the bubble magic was still...magic.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment